Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Does your inner writer need a New Year boost?

In my blog reading over the last few days I've come across a wealth of interesting articles. Some of them might interest you too.

  • Literary agent Rachelle Gardner muses on the process of making resolutions. This discovery of hers resonated with me: "Last year ... I identified that for me to be successful with my goals, I needed to first identify the underlying emotional reason for the goal." Read all of  "Goals, Resolutions, Words."
  • Ilya Pozin's  "7 Things Highly Productive People Do" contains Tony Wong's common sense advice like "Be Militant about eliminating distractions" and "schedule your email" as well as anti-intuitive suggestions like "Stop multi-tasking." Read all of "7 Things Highly Productive People Do."

2 comments:

Elizabeth Young said...

Ooh Violet, I didn't know you had it in you!
Many thanks actually for this awesome post. I found some wonderful nuggets in here and signed up for two more blogs. Wishing you all the best for 2012, and remember, the best is yet to come!

violet said...

Why thank you, Elizabeth! I must admit, I can get carried away reading the good advice of others. And yes, it does often wake up the eternal optimist in me too! Happy New Year, Elizabeth.