Thursday, April 14, 2011

Share a pocket poem

Today is Poem In Your Pocket Day.

Thank you to Jim, who gave me permission to pull this one of his out of my pocket a few years ago. I'm reposting it today because it's still a favourite:

************

Pocket Poem


soiled by sweaty fingers
creased and creased again
opened up a thousand times
to view the words I'd penned


it records a life of hiding
with nothing grand to offer
just the words, "I trust you"
on this paper's humble altar


a crumpled composition by a
carefree crowd unseen,
thanksgiving penned in words...
and when you find it in your pocket,
it'll still be warm from me


here it is Lord.


- Jim Cox (Inspirational Poetry © 2004 - used with permission)

*************

Jim writes from his home in California. Here's another poem by him: "Mute." And some more poems and and videos.

4 comments:

Maureen said...

Thank you for sharing this lovely verse.

Brenda Leyland said...

I can see why this is a keeper!

L.L. Barkat said...

Reminds me of a Kooser poem in his 'Valentine's' collection!

I love the idea of the poem still being warm.

magiceye said...

this is beautiful...