Thursday, February 03, 2011

A corner of the poetisphere

Lots of sites with original poetry flourish on the web. Today I'm going to introduce you to three of my favourites:

  • Amy at The Poem Farm writes poems for kids. This week, for example, she is writing about socks, challenging herself to write about them in several ways. I'll bet the kid in you would be very happy if you clicked on over to The Poem Farm.

  • Mimi's Golightly Cafe features the poetry of Sharon Auberle. I was introduced to her poetry through Your Daily Poem. The black background of her blog sets off the stunning art with which she illustrates her poems. There are feasts for the soul and the eyes at Mimi's Golightly Cafe.

  • Finally, I'm so pleased that my friend Charlie has opened a new blog and is sharing his poems again. He also illustrates his writing with artwork - beautiful pen and ink drawings of natural features in northwest British Columbia. Enjoy Rainforest Soul!

2 comments:

L.L. Barkat said...

I can never get enough of poetry. :) Seems we share that passion!

violet said...

Ah... a woman after my own heart. Thanks, L.L.