Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Happy Poetry Month!

April is National Poetry Month in Canada, as it is in the States. There are all manner of poetic celebrations going on; I'm not sure I'm taking part in any of them, though. But I have decided to celebrate this month in another way.

Robert at Poetic Asides has challenged poets everywhere to write a poem a day during this month. I am going to take up the challenge. I'll probably not be posting them all publicly - though I may put up a few. (We can also put them in the comment box at Poetic Asides and join in on the poetic fellowship!)

In April I will also post here a little more often than I have in the past.

***********

Don't know what to write about? Robert has promised a prompt for each day of the month. Check out today's prompt here.

Now, Violet, go write a poem!

No comments: