Thursday, November 30, 2006

Seasons


I haven’t posted anything here for a while, I see. It’s not because I haven’t been thinking poetry. In fact I have very much!

In the last few weeks, we (Nathan Harms, my editor/publisher and I) have been working on my book – the one that comes as a perk of being named Utmost’s Poet Laureate. And so instead of writing a batch of new poems, I’ve been tidying old ones and getting them ready to find their way in the world.

It’s odd how this writing business seems to have its own seasons. At the moment I’m working on harvest and finding it hard to start anything new. At the same time, I’m missing the rush of having just written something – the burst of new growth breaking through the soil. But I know that soon it will be the season of new poems again – very soon.

No comments: