Sunday, February 19, 2006

Rebuttal

Another view of duty from Oswald Chambers:

Drudgery is one of the finest touchstones of characters there is. Drudgery is work that is far removed from anything to do with the ideal – the utterly mean grubby things; and when we come in contact with them we know instantly whether or not we are spiritually real.....It requires the inspiration of God to go through drudgery with the light of God upon it.....When the Lord does a thing through us, He always transfigures it.

3 comments:

Julana said...

like, uh, toilet training?

violet said...

(Sigh) I guess... It's lovely to dream of God transfiguring drudgery. I would feel like a hypocrite, though, to say glibly 'oh yes - toilet training too,' especially when I consider the reality of your situation. I suppose each one of us faces finding the "inspiration of God" in our particular drudgery or duty. I wish I could help carry some of your load.

Julana said...

Oh, that's kind of you to say.